Content strategy projects are no different from other large projects that involve process change. They are stressful, uncomfortable, and often difficult to move forward.
To implement your project and improve your chances of success, we recommend following these steps:
- Identify and interview stakeholders.
- Establish implementation goals and metrics.
- Define roles and responsibilities.
- Establish timeline and milestones.
- Build the content creation system.
- Convert legacy content.
- Deliver content.
- Capture project knowledge.
- Ensure long-term success.
The sections that follow describe each of these steps.